now browsing by category
Welcome to Nigerian campuses where little girls are practising ‘wifely functions’! Just visit the boys’ hostels and you would be disappointed to find out that it is now common for a girl to live in with a course mate. It is now common for her lover to give her the popular compliment ‘you look sexy my gal’ and she would gladly reply ‘thank you honey’ with a flirty voice and a romantic smile. Who is her lover? A 300 level student whose CGPA is barely up to 1.78! And they are aiming for the next best couple award for the session by the departmental association. So, the girl needs to live in with him to prepare along. Read More …
I want to share with you the 7 blessings of Easter from the 7 words of Jesus on the cross. Let us draw some revelational inspiration from each word as we celebrate the 2016 Easter:
1. Luke 23:34: Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
People don’t know what they do. Yes, if you can take it this way then you can forgive anybody anytime. This is the secret of giving people the gift of forgiveness. Don’t assume they know. Jesus said, they don’t! They are ignorant. Forgive them because yo know better than they do.
2. Luke 23:43: Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
Share your paradise with others. Whatever your paradise could be, share it with others. Don’t enjoy it alone. Share your talents, your time and your resources. Above all, share your faith. Let others experience the light of salvation you are enjoying. Jesus said ‘Today you will be with me in paradise’. Take someone to your paradise today. Read More …
75 BIBLICAL REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOL
1) Genesis 9:20-26 – Noah became drunk; the result was immorality and family trouble.
2) Genesis 19:30-38 – Lot was so drunk he did not know what he was doing; this led to immorality
3) Leviticus 10:9-11 – God commanded priests not to drink so that they could tell the difference between the holy and the unholy.
4) Numbers 6:3 – The Nazarites were told to eat or drink nothing from the grape vine. Read More …
Current Trends: Give us word-based youths oh Lord!
Take notice of this: most of the youth programmes today are praise concerts. They gather, sing, shout, dance and go – remaining just the same. Check out: you will hardly see any youth program basically for teaching and studying God’s word. Host such a programme and they would never show up. The word of God is boring to them. They claim to be Christians but they lack genuine christian character. They claim to be ‘gospel singers’ while in essence they are entertainers. They claim to be ‘worship ministers’ but they are actually music stage performers. Read More …