Internet Missions Conference 2014Posted by: WebPulpit | Posted on: October 24, 2013
Theme: Google the Gospel
Date: Friday 11th – Sunday 13th April 2014 | Venue: Insight Bible Church Hall, Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State, Nigeria
BACKGROUND: The impact of the computer technology with applications in Internet Outreaches and Cybermissions has fast grown far above the radio, television and print media areas of evangelism in recent times with several advantages. Today, as the knowledge and usage of the internet increases, this area of mission has equally increased. Web Missions International, a registered Internet-based missions training and publishing agency, aims with this 2nd Africa-wide conference to explore the tools and techniques of establishing digital mission platforms through the internet in order to increase Christian contents publishing from African nations.
CALL FOR PAPERS: Papers are invited from Christian IT professionals, webmasters, academics, theologians in Seminary Colleges, mission agencies as well as PFN/CAN and the general Christian public based on the Theme and Sub-themes of the Conference. The Conference works with two (2) reputable Christian journals – The Journal of Pentecostal Studies (JPS) and the African Journal of Cybermissions (AJC). Accepted papers will be included in the 2014 Conference Digest and those relevant to each of the journals will be published therein. All conference presentations will be streamed live on the internet.
THEME: Google the Gospel
- Effective Strategies for Mobile Discipleship in Churches
- Integrating the gospel in the social networks
- Global Live-streaming of Church services: techniques and implementations
- Search engine design techniques for Christian contents
- Godly parenting in the digital age
- Integrating Cybermission with Conventional mission to the nations
- Demographics of Online Charismatics and Pentecostalism in Nigeria
- Online Security for Pastors and Cybermissionaries
- Internet Businesses for Ministries and Churches
- The internet and the end-time manifestations
- e-books publishing: a profitable alternative
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
- Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work intended for presentation at the Conference. Paper acceptance will be based on full paper submission
- Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed above
- Initial submission must not include the authors’ names and affiliations. However, full details of authors (names, addresses and e-mails) must be included in the final camera-ready copy
- All papers must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document (.doc). Full papers should be mailed directly to: email@example.com with the title of the paper as the subject.
- Papers may be prepared according to current Chicago Manual Style guidelines (16th ed)
- Where there are multiple authors, only one can enjoy the 20% discount and at least one author must pre-register to qualify for inclusion of paper in conference digest
- Paper acceptance will be reconfirmed after necessary corrections / modifications by reviewers have been fully carried out
- Only full papers received on schedule will be considered
- Selected papers may be considered for publication in the Journal of Pentecostal Studies (JPS), Department of Religion and Philosophy, University of Jos, Nigeria and the African Journal of Cybermissions (AJC).
- All submitted papers to Internet Missions Conference must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for review or publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing Web Missions review.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES: Full papers submission: Friday March 7, 2014. Notification of Acceptance of Papers: Friday March 14, 2014. Submission of camera ready manuscript: Friday March 21, 2014.
REGISTRATION: Ordinary Participants Registration is FREE. Research Papers Presenters are to register as follows:
Nigeria: N7, 500.00. Other African nations: $50 flat rate
Early bird registration (20% discount rate): Friday March 28, 2014. Conference registration deadlines: Friday March 28, 2014 (for authors whose work must appear in the Conference Digest. Authors are advised to take advantage of the 20% early discount)
Registration Form is now available online at http://www.webpulpit.org/2014conference.pdf
HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Available on request
FOR PARTICIPATION, SPONSORSHIP AND ADVERTISEMENT, CONTACT:
- Rev. Emeka Ogbuju (Director, Web Missions Africa): firstname.lastname@example.org, +234(0)8050589073, +234(0)8032618951
- Rev. Olive Joshua (Conference facilitator 2014) email@example.com, 234(0)8037932777
- Mr. Ugochukwu Onwudebelu (Conference editor) firstname.lastname@example.org, +234(0)8037388779
- Mr. James Ameh (Program Manager, Nigeria Pentecostal Research Centre, University of Jos –email@example.com, +234(0)8034523663, http://www.nigeriapentecostalcentre.org
© Web Missions International | Internet Missions Conference is an annual international event pioneered by http://internetevangelismday.com. Gospel Music Concert “Digital Praise” and “Youth Freedom Festival” included!